Re: Recommend DBA Tools?

From: Qun Li <qun_at_Data-IO.COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 01:00:17 GMT

In article <3g3e2g$6s6_at_news.alaska.edu> barbarah_at_adfg.state.ak.us (Barbara Haar) writes:
>I am advised by my advisors to repost this query. Speculation is that
>because the last posting was attributed to the anonymous "John Doe", no one
>was inspired to answer.
>
>We would like to acquire some cool (read: graphical) tools to assist with
>the administration of our Oracle Server for NetWare database. We think we
>need utilities for fast dataloads and reorganizations. We would also
>like a graphical tool to help with db administration: monitor db use,
>monitor jobs that are executing, schedule backups, administer security.
>And we think we need something to help us monitor performance. Have you
>got a recommendation for a product that's cooler than say, SQL*DBA?

I just saw a product demo called AdHawk from Eventus Software, Inc. It's very impressive and looks very good. It's definitely better than SQL*DBA. Why don't give them a call at 1(800)871-4871 to get a free demo disk.

>TIA

Good luck!

>Barbara Haar
>Alaska Department of Fish and Game

Qun Li
DBA at Data I/O Received on Thu Jan 26 1995 - 02:00:17 CET

Original text of this message