Re: Which net software on a client PC

From: Katrina Montinola <kmontino_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 26 Jan 1995 01:42:04 GMT

lueken_at_.ipi.uni-hannover.de (Christoph Lueken) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to connect a client PC (with TCP/IP, FTP 2.11) to a server (Sun,
> Oracle 7.0.12). On the PC Windows CD there a different programs for setting
> up the net:
>
> SQL*Net 2.0.15.0.3
> SQL*Net TCP/IP 1.1.7.10.4
> Oracle TCP/IP Adapter 2.0.15.0.5
>
> My questions:
>
> Which programs do I have to install under Windows 3.1?
> Which programs do I have to install under NT 3.5?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Christoph
>

> lueken_at_ipi.uni-hannover.de

Install SQL*Net TCP/IP 1.1.7.10.4 if you want to use SQL*Net V1. Install the other two if you want to use SQL*Net V2. I'd recommend SQL*Net V2 because V1 will be dropped very shortly. If you have no experience with either, you may as well use the current product. The operating system (Windows 3.1 or Windows NT) should be specified on the line next to the version. If it's not, it probably means that the entire CD is devoted only to Windows 3.1 and therefore Oracle didn't deem it necessary to specify the operating system. Received on Thu Jan 26 1995 - 02:42:04 CET

Original text of this message