Oracle and POWER PC

From: Rory Sandford-Morgan <rorysm_at_au.mdis.com>
Date: 25 Jan 1995 04:13:55 GMT

Has anybody had any experance in using a Motorola system with a POWER PC cpu as a Oracle development platform.

Our company has started a big development project and we are looking for an RDBMS and a hardware platform for the RDBMS. We will be using PROIV (a 4GL) to access the data, my initial thoughts were ORACLE and POWER PC (our company has access to Motorola H/W) as the development basis.

What I am after is peoples thoughts and suggestions (and experiances :-) ) with Motorola and ORACLE together, I would invisage that there would be about 20 developers and the system would be a server over a TCP/IP network.

Looking forward to replies :-)

E-Mail rsmorgan_at_au.mdis.com Received on Wed Jan 25 1995 - 05:13:55 CET

Original text of this message