Re: HELP!! ACCESS ODBC ORACLE

From: Geoff Bray <gbray1_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com>
Date: 24 Jan 1995 14:47:49 GMT

<Stuff deleted>

|> Just remember, Microsoft Access is *NOT* a client/server tool. You can
|> access remote databases (via ODBC), but there is no specific
|> support/optimisation for this.
|>
|> For example, when you create such 'WHERE' conditions, Access wil not
|> even attempt to let the database do the work, but instead will retrieve
|> all the data over the net and do the join locally.
|>
|> We even obeserved in somme cases, that, with joins like yours, Access
|> sometimes retrieved all the rows from the tables *several* times over
|> the net.
|>
|> Mark

Is this just true of MS Access because I'm using Andyne GQL via ODBC to a remote dtabase and the join happens on the remote database.

Geoffrey Bray                       |  The thoughts and views herein do not
Tandy Information Services          |  necessarily reflect that of Tandy
geoff.bray_at_.tandy.com               |  Corporation.
You think health care is expensive now, just wait until it is free!!!