Re: Undocumented features

From: Mark Vandenbroeck <mvandenb_at_be.oracle.com>
Date: 24 Jan 1995 08:44:24 GMT

Ruud de Haas <100121.1053_at_CompuServe.COM> wrote:

> We found the following undocumented Oracle feature:
>
> ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS 'IMMEDIATE TRACE NAME CONTROLF LEVEL 99'
>
> Can anyone tell me:
> what other commands besides SET EVENTS are possible ?
> which other keywords besides CONTROLF are possible as well as
> what the do;
> what 99 means in this respect and what other values are posible.
> are there any ORA messages given as this command is used ?
>
> --
> Areas of expertise: RDBMS, Client/Server, I-Case, Open Systems,
> 4GL development (project manager)

These 'events' are undocumented and should remain so. You are not supposed to use these unless instructed by support.

I work in Technical Support (Belgium) and even we can't get hold of any documentation on this. Only the support 'Supercenters' (escalation centers) have this kind of info.

There is a good reason for this. These events can cause great damage to a database if used not properly.

Don't touch !

Mark Received on Tue Jan 24 1995 - 09:44:24 CET

Original text of this message