Backup Recovery Strategy for Large Database

From: P.E. Detzel <ctg27516_at_ctg.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 08:13:10 -0500

Greetings,

I need to develop and implement a backup/recovery strategy for a large Oracle application. This will be a global system and is required to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The platform is HP/UX and Oracle V7.0.16. It will be an 80 gigabyte system plus disk shadowing.

I would like to know what backup/recovery method you use, have you had to recover, what advice/cautions/recommendations/etc you can share. Also, with the shadowed disks, is it possible to de-shadow and then perform a backup on the former shadow sets?

This is the first true 24x7 system we will be implementing. Until now we have mostly relyed on nightly exports. So any information you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pat Detzel                              ctg27516_at_ctg.com  or
Oracle DBA                              v.detzel_at_ocf.compuserve.com
Owens Corning Fiberglas Received on Tue Jan 24 1995 - 14:13:10 CET

Original text of this message