Re: [HELP]: Installing PL/SQL & Package support

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 00:51:25 GMT

neil_at_bMD.com (Neil Greene) writes:
: I am trying to hack away at one of our Oracle databases and I have come to
: a wall. I am running Oracle 7.1.3 under HP/UX 9.05. I manually ran the
: sqldba scripts to include pl/sql support, create the necessary views,
: catalogs, etc., etc., install help. Blah, blah, blah.
:
: I have noticed that things look a little weird when viewing the status of
: packages. There are several packages listed with the same name, one
: marked INVALID and one marked VALID. I also get "Warning: Package body
: compiled with compilation errors."
:
: I am assuming this may be become something may be failing on the database
: side with the installation. How can I correct this or validate my
: assumptions??
:
: ---
: Sincerely,
:
: Neil Greene
:
: benchMark Developments, Inc.
: 11970 Charter Oak Parkway, St Louis MO 63146
: Phone: 314-872-2907 / 800-872-3131
: Email: Neil_at_bMD.com [NeXT/Mime mail accepted]

Concerning the packages with the same name, you are most likely viewing the body and the specification...there are two types of objects which correspond to the package. If you lock at OBJECT_TYPE in USER_OBJECTS, you will see that this is different.

If the status is INVALID, it means that the objecvt needs to be compiled If you receive errors compiling, select from USER_ERRORS to determine what the errors are.

--
regards,
Carl