Very Large Database Support Inquiry...

From: I am Marc E. Strohwig <marcs_at_tfs.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 16:58:41 GMT

Greeting,

        I'm try to locate some real world cases that have used one of the popular RDBMS products to manage Very Large Databases - on the order of 500 Gigabyte to 1 Terabyte. What I have on hear-say is that Oracle does a so-so job, Informix is supposed to do a good job but is too new and unproven and Sybase is pretty much unusable since it has some sort of problem scaling past 4-CPUs on an SMP system.

        Can anyone comment? Recommend?

	Thanx,
		_Marc

--

Marc E. Strohwig                                   Opinion? Mine, mine, mine!!
System Architect

Original text of this message