Re: Cant export database! HELP!

From: Yvonne Baumert, DECUS Europe AD-SIG chair <y_baumert_at_decus.ch>
Date: 23 Jan 95 18:21:49 +0100

In article <khuisman.56.000915FD_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca>, khuisman_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca (Ken Huisman) writes:
> We just upgraded our netware oracle to 7.0.16.6.0 from 7.0.15 and now we
> cannot do an export! When we try to export the entire database, we get this
> error when it gets to exporting roles:
>
> .exporting roles
> EXP-00008 ORACLE error 904 encountered
> ORA-00904: invalid column name
> EXP-00222: System error number 2
> System error message: No such file or directory
>

> and then it terminates. This happens if I run exp from the netware console
> or from a PC over sqlnet. Has anyone else run into this problem? What do you
> do to fix it?
>
> thanks.
>
> Ken
>
> khuisman_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca

You have to run the following script under sqldba in system mode before being able to do an export:

              ORA_RDBMS:CATEXP.SQL Then the export will work again.

Regards

Yvonne Baumert

Yvonne Baumert       LL     TTTTTTTTTT  UU    UU   The statements made
LTU GmbH             LL     TT  TT  TT  UU    UU   represent my own opinion
Airport, Hangar 8    LL         TT      UU    UU   and do not necessarily
D-40474 Düsseldorf   LL         TT      UU    UU   correspond with my
Germany              LL         TT      UU    UU   employers opinion.
y_baumert_at_decus.ch   LLLLLL    TTTT      UUUUUU

PSI%(0262)45211013068::baumert Some countries don't need the leading 0!!