Re: SQLNet for Winsock ? (fwd)

From: Stephen W. Thompson <st_at_red.seas.upenn.edu>
Date: 23 Jan 1995 21:54:01 GMT

: Jimmy CHEONG Chin Yeow, eio_at_moe.ac.sg, wrote:

: 1. Just want to ask if ORACLE's SQLNet can run in Trumpet Winsock ?
: This question applies to both SQLNet for Windows and OS/2.

I used it with moderate success in Windows. I had an older version of FTP Software's TCP/IP (v. 2.1) with some random version of Trumpet's Winsock, and I was able to connect and make use of SQLNet-connected tools, but I got an annoying "Error message" dialog box for ever connect. After I acknowledged the dialog box my tool would be able to access data successfully.

I'm in the midst right now in installing FTP Software v. 3.0, which is reported to have its own WINSOCK.DLL. I'm hoping this will eliminate the error message *and* allow use of SQLNet with a tool that refused to work with the old TCP/IP & Trumpet.

As always when dealing with SQLNet, good luck. I've found that it might take some experimenting to configure it right, but then I've been happy with how it allows me to work. (SQLNet on a Mac is a breeze to install, by the way!)

En paz,
Steve

--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236
thompson_at_pobox.upenn.edu -OR- st_at_eniac.seas.upenn.edu