Re: Is anybody using Personal ORACLE..?

From: Tom Mize <Mize.T.E%WEC_at_DIALCOM.TYMNET.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 14:35:53 GMT

In article <3frla1$qtr_at_pipe3.pipeline.com>, qmick_at_pipeline.com (Michael Joseph) says:

>Has anyone actually got a copy of Personal ORACLE, installed it and managed
>to use it....?
>
>Is it possible to run it and say PowerBuilder and do development on a
>standalone client that will port over to the production sytems later..?
>
>I am thinking about this but would like to get some feedback before I deal
>with another round of configuration settings and other problems.
>

>Thanks for the help.

We are currently trying to just this on a laptop for 'road shows' and so that some eager beaver developers can work at home (until we get remote access). I have loaded
personal oracle 7.1 up and brought up the database and accessed it.  One of my developers has it
running on a laptop and is trying to get powerbuilder to work with it.You will have to use export/import to port data to your 'real' oracle. The developer can be emailed at BROOKES.D.B%WEC_at_DIALCOM.TYMNET.COM (DON BROOKES) Received on Mon Jan 23 1995 - 15:35:53 CET

Original text of this message