Re: TWO VERSIONS OF ORACLE ON SAME VMS MACHINE

From: Thomas Keul <tk_at_ivu-berlin.de>
Date: 23 Jan 1995 08:12:54 GMT

Ulrich Rieger (uri_at_CNB.CompuNet.DE) wrote:
: DAGMARA_at_news.delphi.com (DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM) wrote:
: >
: > Sorry, its been many years since I have not worked on a UNIX platform, but
: > it is possible to run multiple instances and multiple versions on the same
: > platform. Be sure your installation directoires are not the sme as your V6,
: > or your old directories could be trashed. The trick is to be sure you
: > have your control files, data files, and directories named and aggreated
: > in such a way that applications point to the correct SID.
:
: I think it will be NOT allowed to run an ORACLE V6 and V7 at the same
: time on a AIX machine, because there are loaded "dynamic kernel
: extensions" at system startup, which may only been loaded once !

It is possible, at least on our AIX machines (6.0.37.3.1 and 7.0.16.4)

: regards

: Ulrich Rieger, CompuNet GmbH

Thomas Keul, IVU GmbH                               tk_at_ivu-berlin.de
Bundesallee 129                                 tel +49 30 850006 91
12161 Berlin, Germany                           fax +49 30 850006 86