Errors installing Personal Oracle 7

From: Timothy Wong <roadgoat_at_crl.com>
Date: 22 Jan 1995 18:00:55 -0800

I got the same error. I have been using P Oracle for over tow months. I installed CDE 2 beta stuff and I believe that install hosed my Oracle.ini. I assumed this since <drive>\orawin\bin was in my DOS path. I got the same ORA-3121 error. I reinstalled P Oracle, since I was only using it for testing, but before I did that , I renamed my ORACLE.INI file. It now workes again. Here is a plain jane ORACLE.INI that the P Oracle install created:

[Oracle]
ORACLE_HOME=E:\ORAWIN
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
RDBMS70=E:\ORAWIN\RDBMS70
PLSQL20=E:\ORAWIN\PLSQL20
PRO15=E:\ORAWIN\PRO15
PRO14=E:\ORAWIN\PRO14
MSHELP=E:\ORAWIN\MSHELP
RDBMS70_CONTROL=E:\ORAWIN\DBS
RDBMS70_ARCHIVE=E:\ORAWIN\RDBMS70\ARCHIVE VS10=E:\ORAWIN\VS10
LOCAL=2:
SQLNET DBNAME oracle7=2:
PLUS31=E:\ORAWIN\PLUS31
EXECUTE_SQL=PLUS31
TK20=E:\ORAWIN\DBS
MM107=E:\ORAWIN\DBS
OH109=E:\ORAWIN\DBS
BROWSER10=E:\ORAWIN\BROWSE10 Hope this helps.

--
Tim Wong
roadgoat_at_crl.com