Re: Errors installing Personal Oracle 7

From: Michael J. Marolda <mmarolda_at_bristol.onramp.net>
Date: 21 Jan 1995 18:44:29 -0600

In article <Spencer.H.Moore.3.2F20370A_at_tek.com>, Spencer H Moore <Spencer.H.Moore_at_tek.com> wrote:
>I'm having difficulty installing Personal Oracle 7 under Windows 3.1 on a
>486/66 with 20M memory. The install appears to run just fine until the end
>when it tries to start up the database. I get the following messages in my
>build.log file:
>
>ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed
>DBA-00302: not connected to a database
>OSD-01002: unable to open file (OS 2)

>Any ideas what's going on here? Thanks in advance.
>
>Spencer Moore

It looks as if it is trying to connect to a different database than the personal database you've must installed. Did you have some other oracle products already installed (especially sqlnet)? One of my clients ran into some similar problems because of some old or*.ini files that had environment variables set differently than what the personal oracle had expected.

I hope this helps.

Mike Marolda
mmarolda_at_onramp.net
Onramp Productions - http://bristol.onramp.net/ Received on Sun Jan 22 1995 - 01:44:29 CET