Data Warehousing With Oracle

From: Paul Taylor <pault_at_clark.net>
Date: 21 Jan 1995 18:20:59 GMT

Is anyone doing anything interesting with data warehousing using Oracle? There's going to be a special forum on Data Warehousing With Oracle at the Data Warehousing Institute annual conference (Washington, DC, July) and they are scheduling papers and presentations and panels. The whole Data warehousing Institute program is really very impressive with a top-notch set of speakers in the main track as well as a chance to see all the key technologies in briefings and private showings. The program is co-sponsored by the CIO Bulletin which is a newsletter read by more than 3,000 CIOs. (Apparently in their 1994 end-of-year poll, data utilization -- including warehousing -- jumped to the top of the priority list.)

Anyway, I am responsible for a non-commercial practitioner forum that will highlight interesting and practical techniques for data warehousing with Oracle. I hope you will send me a note telling me what types of data warehousing projects you are undertaking and then maybe we can talk about your giving a presentation at the conference.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Paul

Paul Taylor, PhD                                        pault_at_clark.net
Director
Delta Research Corp.                         OLAP, Warehousing, and EIS