Re: CASE 6. and CDE2

From: Robert Karis <karis_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1995 20:23:43 GMT

Tony Jambu (aaj_at_phantom.trl.OZ.AU) wrote:
: Has anyone heard or confirm the following?

: I am in the process of upgrading CASE 5.0 on UNIX to 5.1 Windows. I am aware
: that at the moment Oracle has no intention to port CASE 5.1 to UNIX and so we
: may have to transfer our UNIX CASE licence to Windows. However, our Oracle
: sales person has informed us to wait until March/April when CASE 6 will be out.
: He also mentioned that Procedure Builder will be bundled with it. It is this
: version that will also be available on UNIX.

To confirm Jeffrey Jacobs note:
  CASE 5.1.8 is fast approaching production; we expect it to ship in February for Windows, SUN, HP, and AIX (at least). I can't comment off the top of my head for other UNIX ports, but they will be coming.

CDE2 CASE is currently in beta. Strictly speaking, CASE 6 refers only to the repository portion, with the other components being Process Modeller 1.0, Systems Modeler 1.0, Systems Designer 1.0, Forms Generator 4.5, Reports Generator 2.5, and Server Generator 5.5. The bundle is only on windows currently and will become go production on Windows only in March. UNIX ports are still under consideration but involve sersious technical hurdles, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Dirk Karis
dkaris_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle CASE Worldwide Support Received on Sat Jan 21 1995 - 21:23:43 CET

Original text of this message