Re: [Help!-Newbie]SQL*NET

From: Doug Baird <75663.1051_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 21 Jan 1995 17:00:32 GMT

Kevin,

   This is my first message on Usenet... Let's see If I can get it right.

If you are using Oracle 6.0, I think your only option for SQL*Net is version 1.xx. From what you've wrote, it sounds like you need more of an interface (front-end) at your PC side. Just a simple "Telnet" or rlogin connection won't do it. You need an Oracle front end interface that recognizes the SQL*Net option. I'm using SQL*Net 2.0, Windows for Workgroups and Oracle Office. I have used SQL*Plus also with this interface.

I don't know how much help I can be with the 1.xx version of SQL*Net (I loaned my books & software to someone last week). I'll do what I can however.

Doug Baird. Received on Sat Jan 21 1995 - 18:00:32 CET

Original text of this message