Re: ON-VALIDATE trigger in QUERY mode - SQL*Forms 3.0

From: Brian Stanek <bstanek_at_indy.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1995 02:20:47 GMT

john deehan (john_at_deehan.demon.co.uk) wrote:
:
: Is it possible to get ON-VALIDATE triggers to fire when a form is in
: QUERY mode ?

: I am trying to fix a bug in SQL*FORMS 3 aaplication where queries
: can be performed on field of type DATE. I would like to run a procedure
: to force the date to be in the form 29-JUN-1994 when the user has
: entered 29-JUN-94. At present, FORMS converts the aforementioned
: date to 29-JUN-94

: Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this fixed
: quickly !!

:
: Regards,
:
: John

: --
: John Deehan
: Wembley, London
: England E-mail : john_at_deehan.demon.co.uk

In forms 4.0, the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM (aka on-validate-field) trigger fires during query. In forms 3.0, you must use either the POST-CHANGE (unsupported and being phased out) or the POST-QUERY.

In your situtation, I would prob. use a POST-CHANGE.

Brian Stanek
Profound Consulting Received on Sat Jan 21 1995 - 03:20:47 CET

Original text of this message