Oracle Database Administrator.

From: doug a blaisdell <dougb_at_world.std.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1995 00:25:01 GMT

Dear Oracle folks--

We are a rapidly growing company specializing in database products for the medical community. We produce CD-ROM Databases for various medical specialties that contain journal abstracts, and allow a variety of search methods and hyperlinked journal citations.

We need someone to maintain and enhance a large Oracle database, consisting of Medical journal abstracts records. This is a large database--15 Gigabytes, so performance tuning will be part of the job. The platform is UNIX, both Sparc5 Solaris and HP-UX on the HP 9000. The person should be familiar with the UNIX environment. The C language is a plus--alot of our interface to the database (input and output ) is in C.

We're setting up the database now, using Oracle consultants, but we need someone to maintain it, add new data (on a monthly basis), and add enhancements. Some database design experience (data modeling, etc.) would be a strong plus.

We also do some work in Paradox, so that would be a plus also.

Salary will range from the mid 30s to the mid 60s, depending on experience and qualifications.

Please send resumes to:

        Doug Blaisdell
        Electronic Press
        Suite 201
        101 Rogers St.
        Cambridge, MA.
        02142

Or FAX them to:

        617-225-7983.

Or email me at:

        doug_at_ep.cursci.com

or call me at:

        617-225-9023.

We will need someone in a month or less, and are interviewing now.

                        Thanks,

                        Doug Blaisdell

                        Electronic Press.