Recommendations please (Oracle - Mac client server)

From: Jeff Riley Computer Person <jeff_at_psti.co.uk>
Date: 20 Jan 1995 10:12:28 GMT

I'm hoping some of you out there can give me some advice. We're looking to implement a fairly small database circa 5-10000 records on Oracle (Sun platform version 6 or 7) using Powermacs (6100 7100 8100 with 24Mb memory) as clients.

What development environments / software products are there on the Mac which can satisfy the following requirememts ;

Fast reponse from database / screen update Inter Application operability (E-mail, netfax, Word etc) Reasonable learning curve
Proven system
Short development cycle

Any advice / case studies etc, would be much appreciated.

Please reply directly to my e-mail address (jeff_at_psti.co.uk)

Thanks

Jeff Riley
Computer Manager
The Petroleum Science and Technology Institute Aberdeen Received on Fri Jan 20 1995 - 11:12:28 CET

Original text of this message