Reports 2.0 - Binary Laser Forms

From: GARY MCDERMID <GARY.MCDERMID_at_DAYTONOH.NCR.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 14:51:37 GMT

I have a binary file from a third party, that when copied to a laser printer, creates a "pre-printed" form. I then want to use Reports 2.0 to print data on the form. I have not been able to get the file copied to the printer from within Reports. I've made several attempts within Reports using the printer setup selections and using a Linked File in the header (there is no 'binary' selection) without success. The Forms platform runs on Windows 3.1 so what I need is a DOS COPY like function. I guess I'm going to have to do it in PL/SQL and use and EXEC to get to a C-program just to copy a file? Seems like alot of work for something so simple. Does anyone have any ideas?

Reply via E-Mail: GARY.MCDERMID_at_DAYTONOH.NCR.COM P.S. If it makes any difference, the report is triggered from Forms 4.0. Received on Fri Jan 20 1995 - 15:51:37 CET

Original text of this message