Re: What is error 3121 ?

From: Mark Vandenbroeck <mvandenb_at_be.oracle.com>
Date: 20 Jan 1995 10:31:26 GMT

jgeller_at_panix.com (Janos Geller) wrote:

> Timur A.Abdrashitov (tim_at_inteh.kazan.su) wrote:
>
> : Help Us, PLEASE !!!
> :
> : We install Oracle SQL*NET for DOS over FTP Sowtware TCP/IP.
> : SqlPme and SQlTCP was loaded without any errors, But when we trying
> : run any SQL application (SQLDBA,IMP,EXP e.t.c), we have error 3121 -
> : "interface driver not connected".
> : We can't understand this message.

This error means that SQL*Net couldn't find the 3rd party driver for the TCP/IP protocol stack you are using (FTP in your case).

Possible causes :

  • You specified the wrong TCP/IP vendor during installation of SQL*Net.
  • You are trying to use an unsupported protocol stack.

Here is the list of supported protocol stacks for SQL*Net TCP/IP for DOS :

SQL*Net TCP/IP v1.1.7.6c:

                v1.1.6.8        Avail   Excelan LAN WorkPlace v3.5
                                        Novell LWP v4.0,4.01,4.1
                                        Novell LanWork Group
                                        (convert utility not necessary)
                                        FTP PC/TCP v2.04 - v2.2
                                        Ungermann-Bass TCP v16.5

                v1.1.6.9        Avail   Pathworks for DOS TCP v4.1,
                                        [Supported with SQL*Net TCP for
                                        DOS (3COM) driver]
                                        Microsoft TCP v1.0 [Supported with
                                        SQL*Net TCP for DOS(3COM) driver]
                                        3Com 3+Open TCP w/DPA v1.1,1.2, 2.0

                v1.1.7.2        Avail   Wollongong runtime TCP v1.1, 1.2
                                        (Wollongong Pathway Access v2.0, 2.1)

                v1.1.7.6        Avail   Sun PC/NFS v3.5, 4.0, 4.0a, 5.0

I hope this helps

Mark Received on Fri Jan 20 1995 - 11:31:26 CET

Original text of this message