Re: Anyone using ORA6/Alpha/OPENVMS

From: Henry O' Keeffe <Henry_okeeffe_at_inmarsat.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 10:21:40 GMT

In article <1995Jan18.120238_at_ebi.ac.uk> ditommaso_at_ebi.ac.uk (MATTEO DITOMMASO) writes:
>From: ditommaso_at_ebi.ac.uk (MATTEO DITOMMASO)
>Subject: Anyone using ORA6/Alpha/OPENVMS
>Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 11:02:38 GMT

>Anyone using ORACLE v6 on Alpha/OpenVMS?
>I've been trying to get a CD-ROM from ORACLE UK for the past
>3 months and I keep getting excuses. (We lost ours in the course
>of a move from Germany to England). The most rrecent claim is
>that very few people use ORACLE 6 on and Alpha.

>Thanks,

>Matteo diTommaso
>DBA
>European BIoinformatics Institute
>Hinxton, Cambrdige

WOW! You've actually had a copy! I'd like to get my hands on (gack!) forms2.3 for alpha. We have some legacy applications that I'd like to port. Forms2.3 would mean that a rewrite to Forms3.0/Oracle7 could be avoided until much later.

Please email me or better still post to this newsgroup if you have any replies.

Thanks in advance,
Henry.

Henry_Okeeffe_at_Inmarsat.org
All opinions are mine, not my employer's. Received on Thu Jan 19 1995 - 11:21:40 CET

Original text of this message