Oracle handling VLDBs

From: SLIP User <tmyers_at_news.epix.net>
Date: 18 Jan 1995 02:59:07 GMT

I am interested in any experiences of the use of Oracle in Very Large Database projects. I am currently involved in a project which will need to hold in excess of 100million rows of data. This data will need to be accessed and retrieved as if it were all in one table, that is, we will need to select a record from this data based upon phone number, unique id, user name, address etc.

Anyway, I am in search of experience in the use of VLDBs in Oracle, or any other platforms for that matter. Any help would be greatly helpful. Since we are still in the evaluation stage, any contacts with relevant experience would be appreciated. I need to know how the rest of the world has delt with similar problems... Thanks in advance.

--
Timothy R Myers                  | "More people would learn from their
Lancaster, PA USA                |  mistakes if they weren't so busy