Re: WFW and Oracle7 NT Stupid Question #1

From: Eric Pierce <sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu>
Date: 18 Jan 1995 00:32:17 GMT

This is Stupid Answer #1?

Frank Geluso (froggie_at_intac.com) wrote:

... text deleted ...

: I have installed Oracle 7 on an NT Server. It appears that the required
: services start up fine, I established an account on NT and log on to NT OK and
: the underlying novell network. I have successfully attached to the NT Domain Server.

Doesn't that mean you are using SPX/IPX protocol?

: My problem is getting the Oracle Client on WFW to connect to the Oracle
: database. I am trying to connect to database P:ORACLE eith user SYSTEM and password
: MANAGER. I get the error message stating that named pipe connection cannot be made.

P:ORACLE is the SQL*Net TCP/IP driver isn't it?

I would say learn how to use/set up the named pipe protocol (whatever that is!).

These are just guesses until somebody that has a real answer gets around to replying.

EP Received on Wed Jan 18 1995 - 01:32:17 CET

Original text of this message