Re: What is error 3121 ?

From: Janos Geller <jgeller_at_panix.com>
Date: 17 Jan 1995 15:16:09 -0500

Timur A.Abdrashitov (tim_at_inteh.kazan.su) wrote:

: Help Us, PLEASE !!!
:
: We install Oracle SQL*NET for DOS over FTP Sowtware TCP/IP.
: SqlPme and SQlTCP was loaded without any errors, But when we trying
: run any SQL application (SQLDBA,IMP,EXP e.t.c), we have error 3121 -
: "interface driver not connected".
: We can't understand this message.

Hi Timur,

   in my experience this message means that after interpreting the network protocol letter (first letter of the connect string) the corresponding SQL*Net driver could not be found. Since SQLTCP was loaded successfully (you can see it typing mem /c, can't you?), it most likely means that the connect string was not specified correctly. Did you try to specify the connect string explicitly (e.g. sqlplus scott/tiger_at_t:node:sid)? If this works, see the documentation for ways to specify the connect string (LOCAL variable in the environment or in CONFIG.ORA, for example).

   Let me know if this helped: Janos Received on Tue Jan 17 1995 - 21:16:09 CET

Original text of this message