Re: CHANGING LOCATIONS DATAFILES

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 22:14:16 GMT

b09_at_nikhef.nl (Jeroen Hermans) writes:
: Hello newsreader.
:
: When I created the database I had to put a path in front of the datafile.
: Like: /user/oracle/dbs/DATAFILE
:
: I one case I by mistake put the real pathname
: like: /user1/boekh/oracle/dbs/DATAFILE
:
: Can I alter the path inside Oracle. I found out that there is an table
: named: V$DBFILE. In this table is described where the DATAFILE is located.
: Can I just make an update from this table with the correct pathname????
: Or is there an other way of doing this????
:
: If you know how, please help me
:
: Jeroen Hermans
: b09_at_nikhef.nl

DO NOT UPDATE THE ORACLE DATA DICTIONARY. I would recommend that you look up the ALTER DATABASE COMMAND in the Administrator's Guide, specifically, the RENAME DATAFILE option.

--
regards,
Carl