Re: DB writers

From: Erick Rudiak <erude_at_antioch.acns.nwu.edu>
Date: 13 Jan 1995 18:52:09 GMT

In article <3f6c78$eh5_at_relay.tor.hookup.net> pchien_at_noc.tor.hookup.net (Chao-Ping Chien) writes:
>I just read an article regarding oracle dbwriter on solaris have a parameter
>in init.ora (async_writes), I am using pyramid NILE, oracle 7.0.15.4, Is this
>parameter also exist on pyramid port ?

        Yes, this parameter does exist (it is called db_writers, and you can place it in your init[sid].ora file). However, you should be careful regarding how many you set up, because having more than one will affect the manner in which Oracle takes advantage of the NILE's asynchronous I/O capabilities. This could have a profound effect (either beneficial or harmful) to your database's performance on I/O-bound systems.

| Erick Rudiak		Licking an electrical outlet will NOT turn you   |
| erude_at_nwu.edu		           into a Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger   |