Re: SQL*NET for Windows and DOS

From: Qun Li <qun_at_Data-IO.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 19:48:59 GMT

In article <byu.789765746_at_newsserver.twu.ca> byu_at_newsserver.twu.ca (Ben Yu) writes:
>We have Oracle 7 installed in our NT server. I have Windows for Workgroups
>in my office. Is there anyway to start SQL*NET for Windows in WFW?
>Problem: The manual says that SQL*NET only runs in standard mode. So now, am I
>forced to buy, say Microsoft TCP/IP, install that before I can run
>SQL*NET for DOS?

Well, if you have SQL*Net for DOS, you should have SQL*Net for Windows from Oracle. The Microsoft 32-bit TCP/IP is free with NT server. So ask Microsoft to get free 32-bit TCP/IP and installed. We are running WFW with MS TCP/IP through Oracle SQL*Net TCP/IP to get Oracle and works great!

>Thanks for the help!
>Dr. B. (Benjamin) Yu Trinity Western University
>Assistant Professor 7600 Glover Road
>Department of Mathematical Science Langley, B.C.
>email: byu_at_twu.ca phone: 888-7511 (ext. 2270) Canada V3A 6H4

Good Luck!

  • Qun