TEXT MODE FORMS/REPORTS MORE EFFICIENT?

From: rt_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu <(rt_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu)>
Date: 11 Jan 1995 16:24:50 GMT

 I will soon have to implement an Oracle/Unixware setup. I would like to be able to take advantage of dialup lines to link about 4 sites to a central server in one site. I can either use PPP and link a Windows based client like Oracle Forms or PowerBuilder. I would much prefer using the Oracle Forms native text mode on unix. There is less overhead and complexity and therefore the amount of things that can go wrong is diminished. I tried to get some information on text mode Forms from the Oracle office but they refused to help. Actually they ignored my requests. The young guys there only knew about Windows-based solutions. Anyone have any comments regarding text mode operation of Forms or Reports? Any other alternatives? I would like to implement something that works and works with less problems over something that looks like a decorated cake. They use textmode and terminals in many comercial sites.