Re: dropping rollback datafile

From: Morten Kristiansen <d93krist_at_hfk.mil.no>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 13:48:25 GMT

Mohammed Ghouse (mghous1_at_mason1.gmu.edu) wrote:
: I removed the datafile of the rollback tablespace.
: I am unable to startup the oracle
: help

You can edit your init.ora file to not contain the parameter rollback_segments. Then you can start up the database with the system rollback segment, which are stored in the system tablespace. Now you can create new rollback datafile and new rollbacksegments. You can also try to create a new rollback datafile, copy it in your operating system, and rename it to the one you lost. I don't know if this copying thing works. But I have done that with a lost datafile, and that worked, I lost data of course but I was able to startup the DB. Just be shure you do that copying when the DB is shut down.

Hope this help.

Morten Kristiansen (d93krist_at_hfk.mil.no) Received on Wed Jan 11 1995 - 14:48:25 CET

Original text of this message