Re: Oracle 6 on OpenVMS

From: TIMOTHY LANE <01tlcrabtree_at_bsuvc.bsu.edu>
Date: 10 Jan 95 10:39:39 -0500

In article <D26BoI.Azp_at_freenet.carleton.ca>, bq781_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Hayward G. Hall II) writes:
> Hi! I may shed a little light on your predicament. We are running Vaxvms 5.5-4
> and Oracle 5 (yeah, I know, a version or two behind. budget.). I was told
> by Oracle that version 6 was not tested above VMS 5. Since they stopped testing Oracle 5 on vms 5,
> I would assume they started testing Oracle 6 on Vms 6. Logical? Sounds good
> anyway.
>
> I would like to keep you as a possible contact (plus anyone else who is using
> VAX/Oracle) since it looks like we're heading down the same path.
>
> HgH
> Database Administrator
> Evangel College
> --
> Hayward Glynn Hall II
>
> "Here in Springfield, MO, we've upped our standards. Up yours."

  We are running Version 6.2 of Oracle on Version 6.1 of VMS. Oracle had said I might have problems with "internal links" when we upgraded the O.S., but that was the smoothest transition I have made. We have not experienced any "linking" problems.

  I too would like to establish contact with people running VAX/Oracle. We are currently unsupported, and as you may have guessed problems to creep-up that I could use a second oppinion on.

Tim Crabtree
Oracle DBA
Ball State University

01tlcrabtree_at_bsuvc.bsu.edu Received on Tue Jan 10 1995 - 16:39:39 CET

Original text of this message