Re: TKPROOF output, can someone explain it, please?

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 10 Jan 1995 19:30:08 GMT

In article <3etuhd$4d1_at_nyheter.chalmers.se>, d7hansl_at_dtek.chalmers.se (Hans Lindberg) says:
>I'm trying to make some sence of the info TKPROOF produces.
>CPU and ELAPSED is pretty straitforward, but what exactly
>do they mean with DISK, QUERY and CURRENT? The explanation
>that's given is:
>Hans Lindberg Tel: 031-183151 EMail d7hansl_at_dtek.chalmers.se

hans, the answer is found in the Application Developer's Guide, on page B-8:

disk: the total number of data blocks physically read from the data files

      on disk for all parse, execute, or fetch calls. query: total number of buffers retrieved in consistent mode for all

       parse, execute, or fetch calls. buffers are usually retrieved in
       consistent mode for queries.
current: total number of bufers retrieved in current mode. buffers are
         often retrieved in current more for insert, update, and delete
         statements. the sum of query and current is the total number of
         buffers accessed.

Dave Mausner, Sr. Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago. Received on Tue Jan 10 1995 - 20:30:08 CET

Original text of this message