Re: Q: Backups on NetWare 3.12/ORACLE7?

From: Eric Pierce <sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu>
Date: 10 Jan 1995 02:47:48 GMT

WilburObe (wilburobe_at_aol.com) wrote:
: What's the best way to do backups on Oracle 7 on Netware?
: Currently I would do a daily export and every couple weeks bring down
: the server and backup the datafiles. This becomes a pain. I would like to

Sorry if this seems like a stupid comment: do you mean you are "downing" Netware or Oracle? Unless your data files are really huge, you should do a daily Oracle shutdown, and backup the Oracle database files. Why is a daily EXP more efficient for you than a daily backup of the database files?

I agree that timed automation tools would really help. Please let us know how you solve this problem!!!

: do timed backups. Does anyone know of any simple utilities to do this
: automated export. Unix and VMS have the goodies to run programs at anytime
: in the background, but Netware is still primitive.
:
: Thanks
:
: William Oberuch
: Programmer Analyst
: WilburObe_at_aol.com

Good question!!!

EP Received on Tue Jan 10 1995 - 03:47:48 CET

Original text of this message