[Help] SGA problem installing Oracle on Solaris 2.3

From: Andrew Grace <apgrace_at_jungle.bt.co.uk>
Date: 9 Jan 1995 16:37:32 GMT

I have spent most of today trying to perform a new installation of Oracle 7.0.16 onto a Sun Server20 running Solaris 2.3

The installation fails with a 7331 error code. This relates to a problem with variable SGA. I have set my /etc/system so that it has the values suggested in the oracle manual for shmmax, shmmin, etc..

The error suggests that I need to make shmmax bigger - initially it was 8M,
but making it bigger did not help.

Can anybody suggest where the problem may be?

Many Thanks

Andrew Grace

Andrew Grace
Distributed Systems Group