Re: SQL Studio is this a good tool?

From: Frank Newman I10752 <fnewman_at_bdmserver.bdm.com>
Date: 9 Jan 1995 13:47:53 GMT

Michael Hatzinger (Michael.Hatzinger_at_bmwf.gv.at) wrote:

: chattne_at_aol.com (Chatt NE) wrote:
: >

: > We were thinking about buying this tool to do grants, catalog object
: > management and creation of DDL from existing objects. Does anyone have
: > experience with this tool that they would be willing to share? Please no
: > sales rep. responses.
: >
: > Dan Chatt

We evaluated the tool for use by our DBAs. I found the tool very strong for performing day-to-day table and user management and really liked the PL*SQL interface. However, we were looking for a tool that give us stronger tablespace management and help us in identifying performance bottlenecks, so we ended up not purchasing this tool. For what you seem to be looking for, however, I think the tool should be fine. Received on Mon Jan 09 1995 - 14:47:53 CET

Original text of this message