Re: Q: Backups on NetWare 3.12/ORACLE7?

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 8 Jan 1995 10:19:39 -0500

We are using a 'cron' like utility called NOVACRON. You can find this on the Novell ftp site (ftp.novell.com) in the NOVUSERS area.

Basically it allows you to run a console command (e.g. load or unload an NLM or run an .NCF file) at some regular time interval. It works just like the UNIX cron utility.

There are other similar tools but this one is shareware and does what we need.

You might also consider coupling this wilth a PERL script (PERL is also available as an NLM) for more sophisticated manipulations.

Hope this helps.

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Sun Jan 08 1995 - 16:19:39 CET

Original text of this message