Re: IEF and Oracle CASE

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 7 Jan 1995 21:12:15 GMT

In <D1z68s.LJ_at_inter.NL.net> rboussen_at_inter.NL.net (Roger Boussen) writes:

>Can someone give me some information on Texas Instruments IEF CASE-tool,
>compared to Oracle CASE-tools.
>
>I am also interested in experiences with IEF in an Oracle environment.
>
>Thanx.
>--
>Audax A&I
>Informatiecentrum.

If you're primary development target is forms, reports and menus, then Oracle CASE is the only real choice. Everything is done declaratively, e.g. no pseudo-code. CASE takes ERD, FHD, DFD and CRUD and converts it to database and module design information, which is then used to generate the database, Oracle Forms, Reports, Menus.

IEF has more analysis techniques available, but to get code generation, you have to write pseudo-code.

-JJ

 Jeff Jacobs, President, Oracle CASE SIG  c/o
 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119
 Belmont, CA 94002
 Voice: 415-571-7092
 FAX: 800-665-1379
 CompuServe: 76702,456
 Internet: jjacobs_at_well.com
 Internet: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com     Received on Sat Jan 07 1995 - 22:12:15 CET

Original text of this message