Re: Forms 4 generated for UNIX and Windows (repost)

From: Jay Faylore <faylore_at_halcyon.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 1995 11:06:26 -0800

In article <3ekho2$88r_at_CUBoulder.Colorado.EDU>, zhouf_at_rastro.Colorado.EDU (ZHOU FENGQUING) wrote:
> In article <3df3jt$7fm_at_CUBoulder.Colorado.EDU> I wrote:
> >In article <3d73oo$nm_at_newsbf02.news-fddi.aol.com>,
> >Kimleong <kimleong_at_aol.com> wrote:
> >>Has anyone else had problems with the alignment of labels when a form is

      [ skip ]

Pain is an old friend of Forms developers.

   We develop our Forms 4.0.x on Solaris 2.3 and port them to Windows 3.1 (Ug ). Try using a non-proportional font like Courier. It's not the default but the alignment didn't get messed up for us. I hear that 4.0.13 has this problem fixed and will ship for Solaris next week. Too bad we can't get the Windows 3.1 version without paying an arm and a leg for maintenance. X-Term emulation on your PC is another option but be sure you have the Network capacity to support X.

--
Jay L. Faylore         faylore_at_halcyon.com
Oracle DB Designer     If you've got the money, I've got the time.