Re: Recommendations? Need image-capable DBMS for Sun

From: Russell Bride <eedrjb_at_teamos17.ericsson.se>
Date: 06 Jan 1995 16:56:27 GMT

In article <3ejl3d$5nv_at_portal.gmu.edu> eburger_at_osf1.gmu.edu (Eric W Burger) writes:

<snip>

I got this from Teresa ... must have been a muddle in the quoting coz I didn't start the thread :-)

A few years ago I was evaluating DBMS' and, if memory serves, image/blob support was a strength for one called Empress. I had not heard of Empress before that time and it was not chosen because it was a little behind the times in other areas (couldn't do on-line backups, no triggers and stored procedures, etc.). But they were in the process of upgrading to include those types of features.

Anyway, they are worth checking out -- it doesn't hurt to look. I looked in my old notes and Empress Software, Inc. is in Greenbelt, Maryland, USA at (301) 220-1919.

				Good luck
				Teresa Larson

--

If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.
		-- Paul Beatty

* Ericsson Eurolab Deutschland GmbH *
* Ericsson Allee 1 *
* 52134 Herzogenrath *