Re: Some help with Oracle error ORA-00474 please?

From: Dave Crowson <dcrowson_at_amoco.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 15:31:37

In article <3ejjrf$nku_at_hobbes.cc.uga.edu> giber_at_bubba.cs.uga.edu (Carolyn Giberson) writes:
>I was working with Oracle, version 7, yesterday when it "locked up"
>for no apparent reason. I had to break my connection with Oracle
>without logging out properly, and now cannot log back onto Oracle
>at all (is it holding a grudge, perhaps?). I get the following error
>message:

>ERROR: OTA-00474: SMON process terminated with error

oerr gives the following message for this error;

% oerr ora 474
00474, 00000, "SMON process terminated with error" // *Cause: The system cleanup process died // *Action: Warm start instance
%

which suggests a restart of the instance.

     Hit 'em in the face, with a funky bass, for a happy smiling race =%^)

David Crowson   =%^)    |"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
Oracle Consultant       | I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to
(since 1983)            | move, to get down off this featherbed of civilisation
Amoco IT Services London| and to find the globe granite underneath and strewn
"My views alone "       | with cutting flints" : Robert Louis Stevenson
Replies: igotan_at_ombomb.demon.co.uk or weirdguy_at_cix.compulink.co.uk Received on Fri Jan 06 1995 - 15:31:37 CET

Original text of this message