Some help with Oracle error ORA-00474 please?

From: Carolyn Giberson <giber_at_bubba.cs.uga.edu>
Date: 6 Jan 1995 14:24:47 GMT

I was working with Oracle, version 7, yesterday when it "locked up" for no apparent reason. I had to break my connection with Oracle without logging out properly, and now cannot log back onto Oracle at all (is it holding a grudge, perhaps?). I get the following error message:

ERROR: OTA-00474: SMON process terminated with error

Can someone please suggest a solution for this error so that I can log onto Oracle once more?

Thanks very much!
Carolyn Giberson
giber_at_pollux.cs.uga.edu Received on Fri Jan 06 1995 - 15:24:47 CET

Original text of this message