Re: SQLNET for OS/2

From: <chadb_at_NeoSoft.com>
Date: 6 Jan 1995 18:38:03 GMT

In <3eif5l$hh2_at_cpccux0.cphk.hk>, 92908250_at_cpccux0.cphk.hk (Age of illusion) writes:
>Joe Fusco (fusco_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
>: I have been trying to setup an OS/2 2.11 workstation that will be running ORACLE FORMS 4.0.13.15 for Windows and connecting to
>: an ORACLE 7 database running on a IBM RISC System/6000. I was told by our ORACLE Marketing Rep that this is possible
>: using SQL*Net for OS/2. I am however having a problem getting SQL*Net to run and am looking for anyone with experience
>: with this product that could provide some support. The problem I am having is that I get the error message ORA-03121 no interface
>: driver connected - function not performed. This indicates to me that SQL*Net is not getting loaded for some reason. I've followed the
>
>Sure, you cannot run any oracle application in WIN-OS2 now :). Because you missing one thing---
>the SQL*VDM (Virtual Dos Machine) The SQL*NET for OS/2 only provide the connection for oracle
>application on OS/2 to local(OS/2) or remote database. When you are runing application on DOS
>Window or WIN-OS/2 you need to use SQL*VDM communicate with SQL*NET for OS/2. Try to find out
>from your vender.

Another problem I had in getting this working => The win apps won't work in 386Enh mode if sql*net for Windows is installed. Be sure there are no *tcp*.dll (for tcpip) or *ipx*.dll, *spx*.dll (for netware) files in the Windows \bin directory. In 386Enh mode oracle loads these files instead of passing the calls through to SQL*VDM resulting in an ORA-03121. It took me forEVER to figure this out (after about 4 calls to Oracle support and 3 posts on CIS:Oracle forum - maybee 1 for the FAQ??).

   Chad

--
Chad Brockman
VertiComp, Inc