Re: Has anyone compared Oracle,Sybase

From: GaryMelhaf <garymelhaf_at_aol.com>
Date: 6 Jan 1995 16:28:55 -0500

Yes, I can't give out the results due to legal liability, though. But, I can tell you that there was NO comparison. If you're a programmer, you might like Sybase more. If your a DBA concerned about performance and having a robust, mature database (row level locks, group security, etc, etc) then Sybase is a small infant and Oracle is an age-old wizard. There is no comparison. Oracle even has a robus CASE tool integrated with it's tools. Sybase doesn't have squat.

Sign me, gmjj490_at_wadnr.gov Received on Fri Jan 06 1995 - 22:28:55 CET

Original text of this message