Re: A question on rollback

From: Bill Manry - Oracle Corporation <bmanry_at_upsizeme.us.oracle.com>
Date: 6 Jan 1995 01:05:40 GMT

Moorthy N. Rekapalli (moorthy_at_eng.auburn.edu) wrote: [...]
>WHY ??. temp1 table is supposed to get back to its original 5 rows. But,
> it is not showing any rows after rollback.

Might you have done a SET AUTOCOMMIT ON somewhere? Do a SHOW AUTOCOMMIT to see.

>If I have WHERE (some_conditon) in delete statement, rollback is
>working as expected. If I am deleting all the rows without WHERE
>(some_conditon), rollback is not working.

My suggestion wouldn't explain this, however.

/b

Bill Manry
Oracle Corp. / Mainframe & Integration Technologies / BManry_at_us.oracle.com #include <disclaimer.usual> Received on Fri Jan 06 1995 - 02:05:40 CET

Original text of this message