Re: DATA TYPES

From: rt_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu <(rt_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu)>
Date: 5 Jan 1995 18:20:01 GMT

rt_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu (rt_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu) wrote:

: Which data type is most suitable for serial numbers that you expect to
: hit 100,000 and more in the course of at least 2 years. Integer is
: definately out for a column data type since it will max out and roll
: over at about 37600 something. You will get some interesting queries

The accurate figure is 32,767,,, I don't know why I made that mistake, I hear it often enough. Anyway the Integer type is implementation dependant whether it be 16-bit or 32-bit or whatnot. Received on Thu Jan 05 1995 - 19:20:01 CET

Original text of this message