Re: ODBC Memory Leak

From: Theresa A. Bixby <tab_at_goldmoon.tfs.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 17:55:19 GMT

I also experienced some memory leaks doing connects/disconnects every 15 minutes every day for a week. The only common item in our configuration with yours is the Oracle 6 database. We werent using ODBC. We were using PROC on our Unix boxes. I ran a memory leak finder program and it pointed to the oracle library routines we were linking to.

I ended up forking a process for each connect/disconnect. That way the memory leak could not build up. The memory would be freed when the process died. Received on Thu Jan 05 1995 - 18:55:19 CET

Original text of this message