Re: Q: Oracle Training?

From: David Scott <dscott_at_is.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 1995 23:12:05 -0500

In article <1995Jan4.170357.5446_at_alw.nih.gov>, CharlanS_at_gm1.nigms.nih.gov (Stacy H. Charland) wrote:

> Has anybody out there taken Oracle's DBA training classes?
>
> Our shop here is planning on getting Oracle this summer - I've used
> Ingres & Sybase, but have not had any experience with Oracle...
>
> I'm looking into Oracle's training (they have a site right down the
> road), but I'd like to hear back from someone who's taken it. Is the
> "Masters" series of classes worth the bucks?
>
> Post or Email is fine - I appreciate any feedback!

I've taken the Master's series (and then some) this year. IMHO, I think it's definitely worthwhile! Though I've had a bit of other db experience, the classes are great for aligning your thought processes to the Oracle view of the database. My instructors were routinely great, and the facilities (Atlanta), materials, etc. are (mostly) real-world useful. 5 stars in my book.

--
David Scott
...how can I keep from singing?