Question

From: Leslie Longo <leslie.longo_at_channel1.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 1995 21:10:00 -0400

Hello all,

Apologies in advance for any protocol blunders.

I have a question and I was wondering if one of you might be able to help me out. Oracle support has been none too speedy about returning my call and I thought that someone out on the net might be able to help me.

Here goes:

Might be easier to give an example of what I'm trying to get at. Say if in Forms for example, I select a row in a query and I wait a little while, meanwhile another user has updated that row, when I go to update the row that I have it will tell me that another user has modified it and that I have to query it again to see those changes.

How does Oracle keep track of a row that has been selected without being locked and Bhas been updated by another user? I need to get at that information so that I can keep track by hand for a non Oracle application.

any/all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Please email replies to me at lsl_at_gensym.com

Leslie Received on Thu Jan 05 1995 - 02:10:00 CET

Original text of this message