Archive process too slow - please help

From: Bradley W Howerter <howerter_at_world.std.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 21:08:28 GMT

My archive background process cannot keep up with the database writer. Even though we have more than 1Gbyte of redologs, I end up getting the error "All online redologs needed archiving" because the archive process is too slow, and it is still working on the redolog file that is needed by the database writer.

We figure we could work around this by adding even more disk space for the redologs, but I'm wondering if there are any other alternatives.

This is Oracle V7.1.3 on Sequent PTX. Received on Wed Jan 04 1995 - 22:08:28 CET

Original text of this message